Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A whale of a tail

The winds have been up for the past two days, blowing a steady 25 knots from the north with gusts to 28. We pretty much settled into our anchorage off the village of Alcatraz until the winds calmed down and we could go out with our friends Scott and Cindy in their dinghy. The highlight of the day was motoring into the channel where the whales pass by and getting close to several. These two were coming directly toward us...we trusted they would dive underneath...and they did.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Nick Brown, Sandra's son, in St.Louis. I was wondering, on your snorkeling trip in the Sea of Cortez, did you see any large red Humbled Squid? They're smaller versions of the bus-long one. If you could tell me about it, I'd be very thankful.
My email is: nickloganbrown@gmail.com

Callisto said...

Hi you guys, what's your new e-mail address?? I just sent a message to cca.edu but it was bounced back. Best, Adam awoodrows@gmail.com